So today I wake up at 6:00am and get ready for my fun filled day to come. I get hair all done and curled all nice. I get dressed in some fancy heels, a dress, and a nice light jacket. I load everything up in the car and say good bye to my relatives.
We get to the airport, and park. My mom accompanies me to the check in. We wait in line for forever, but we get called to the desk. We do everything and then the lady asks me for my age. I tell her "I'm 14." (Since I am). She says "So that means you are a UM (Unaccompanied Minor)." My mom explains that we were checked in online and the lady on the phone told us that my mom could take me to the gate so she could make sure I am safe. Then the check in lady tells us that "Oh I'm sorry. You were misinformed." Just at the very thought of these words made my backbone tingle. "There is a 100$ fee if you want to take her to the gate."
We were shocked and angry. So my mom had a meltdown and eventually agreed. We went through security without a problem. We got to the gate. We thought our problems were over. Then we went to get on the plane but then the lady says "Oh I'm sorry, you cant get on this flight." WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! "She cant get in this flight because there is a possible weather diversion. She.. she cant go on alone." WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "But don't worry.. Her luggage will be locked up safely in Long Beach." Long story short... Im never flying U.S. AIRWAYS AGAIN!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment